A healthy life is based on the ability to build a healthy lifestyle with conscientious choices and responsible behavior. Four aspects of healthy living include exercise, healthy eating, staying safe and emotional well being.Being physically active, eating a healthy diet, taking sensible precautions to ensure our personal safety and recognizing the importance of good mental health all play an important part in determining our overall health and well being.
Eating for Good Health
- Eat nutritionally adequate diet composed of a variety of foods.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat more foods containing complex carbohydrates and fiber.
- Cut down on saturated fat, sugar and salt.
- Get active and try to maintain healthy body weight.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don't skip breakfast.
- Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all any.
Advantages of healthy eating
- Better digestion
- Enhanced energy levels.
- Better sleep.
- Lower blood pressure/ cholesterol levels
- Stronger bones/teeth
- Improved ability to cope with stress.
- Reduced risk of certain cancers.
Quotes for reflection"Our food should be our medicine and
our medicine should be our food." - Hippocrates.
"Health and intellect are the two blessings of life." -Menander.
"The greatest wealth is health."